Last Updated August 8, 2023
EU Privacy – GDPR
If you are a resident of the European Union (EU) and/or European Economic Area (EEA) see below for an additional privacy notice applicable to you.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, or at any time, by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (323) 782-0421.
What Do We Collect?
- Your first/middle initial or name, last name, e-mail address, street address, mailing address if different, town or city, state, zip code, telephone number, date of birth, credit card information, and any other information that would allow someone to identify you or contact you including information collected through cookies and other technology;
- Your skin care preferences;
- Your mobile cellular number if you affirmatively opt into our Message Marketing Service. For more information about our Message Marketing Service, please view the Message Marketing Terms of Service available here [link].
- Your images through a video feed for security purposes, if you enter our physical premises.
We collect information from you when you voluntarily provide it either online or in person at our stores, when using automated technology, and through third party sources. We may combine data from third party sources including through other companies whom we partner with.
Personal Information also includes information collected and maintained through your use of our Website, including about your personal preferences, survey and quiz responses and your relationship with us (for example, if you are a subscriber to our e-mailing list, create an account, or become a loyalty member). When you browse our Website, we also collect information about you through your browser, computer hardware and software. This information can include your IP address, device ID, browser type, domain names, access times and dates, number of clicks, pages viewed, one or more cookies (as described below) that may uniquely identify your browser, and referring website addresses. We also collect and maintain aggregate anonymous information about usage of and visitors to our website. For more information, see the sections below on Cookies and Third Party Advertising and Analytics.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
Detox Market uses Personal Information to process your purchase orders, send you recommended and new products, provide you with information regarding Detox Market’s services, send you advertising and marketing, including direct marketing, to administer and maintain our Website, respond to your inquiries, improve our services, business, and Website, manage our business including spam detection and fraud prevention purposes.
Any credit card information you provide in connection with a transaction will be used only as needed to process that transaction.
We will retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary including:
- Until we no longer have a valid business or legal reason for keeping it;
- Until you request us to stop using it;
- For as long as required by applicable law;
- When you delete your account.
We will retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
Disclosing Your Information
Service Providers and Contractors
We disclose Personal Information you provide to consultants, service providers, and contractors that we use to support our business and operations who have agreed to keep the information confidential and use it only to provide the applicable service(s), such as vendors, that help us communicate with you, vendors that host our website and data, marketing and targeted advertising vendors, security and fraud detection vendors.
We disclose Personal Information to third parties we work with who help us gather information from you and communicate with you including partnership affiliates, payment processors, social media companies, and companies providing data analytics, targeted advertising, or online behavioral marketing services.
We may disclose Personal Information to outside parties (including, without limitation, governmental agencies) if required to do so by law, regulation or court order; to respond to governmental and/or law enforcement requests; to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interfering with our (or others’) rights or property; to support any actual or threatened claim, defense or declaration in a case or before any jurisdictional and/or administrative authority, arbitration or mediation panel; or in connection with disciplinary actions/investigations.
Sale or Corporate Restructuring
We may disclose Personal Information to third parties in connection with or during the negotiation of any sale, assignment, asset purchase, or other transfer of the business of our website or the sale, assignment, merger, reorganization or other transfer of our brand or company.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements.
Our web store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement here.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
Automatic Data Collection
Cookies (browser cookies): Our Website uses “cookie” technology to improve the quality of your experience. A cookie is a small file that is placed onto an Internet user's web browser or device and is used to remember and/or obtain information about the user. Cookies store information that a website may need in order to personalize your experience and gather website statistical data. Any time you visit our Website to browse or to read or download information, we collect and store the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet (for example, msn.com, google.com, etc.); the Internet protocol address of the computer you are using; the browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you access our Website; and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Website. We use this information to measure the number of visitors to areas of our Website, and to help us make our Website more useful and interesting to our visitors. We use information from cookies in the aggregate to analyze for trends and statistics, and then discard it.
To find more information about cookies and for instructions on how to disable them please visit www.allaboutcookies.org or visit the help section of your browser. Most browsers are initially set to allow cookies, but also offer the option to restrict cookies or warn you of their use. By disabling cookies, you won’t be able to enjoy the convenience provided by our customization.
- Flash Cookies: Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons: Pages of our Website and our email may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that enable us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We may also use technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or other online services (e.g., behavioral tracking). Because there are not yet common industry-accepted “do-not-track” standards and systems, our Website does not respond to “do-not-track” signals.
We use Shopify as our online storefront and point of sale platform. For specific information about the cookies that we use related to powering our store with Shopify, see https://www.shopify.com/legal/cookies.
We use Afterpay to allow customers to use Afterpay as a payment method.
We use Ecocart to allow customers to make their cart carbon neutral.
We use Global-E to allow the customer to choose currency / shipping country
We use Gorgias to allow customers to chat customer service.
We use Impact to track sales for our affiliate program.
We use Klarna to allow customers to use Klarna as a payment method.
We use Klaviyo to send e-mails to our customers and track conversion rates.
We use Loyalty Lion for loyalty program.
We use Paypal to allow customers to use Paypal as a payment method.
We use Recharge to allow customers to purchase subscriptions.
We use Searchanise to allow customers to search our website.
We use Swym for customers to fill out a wishlist.
Visual Quiz Builder
We use Visual Quiz Builder to faciliate customer quizzes.
We use Yotpo for loyalty program, SMS and customer reviews.
We use Returngo to process returns.
We use Union Works to facilitate customer surveys.
Third-Party Advertising and Analytics Disclaimers
We use Facebook Pixel and Custom Audiences to deliver targeted advertisements to individuals who visit our websites.
We use Google Ads and Google Analytics to deliver targeted advertisements to individuals who visit our websites.
We use Pinterest Analytics to help measure how users interact with our websites.
We use TikTok to help measure how users interact with our websites.
We use Youtube to display video content.
You can opt out of remarketing and targeting advertising as follows:
- Advertising Opt-Out: You can opt out of sharing your information with third-party companies engaged in targeted advertising including social networking sites such as Google, Microsoft, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook using the following tools provided through the AdChoices website powered by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA): For websites: http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN. For mobile apps: http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
- Google Opt-Out: If you would like to opt out of Google Analytics and Ads, you can. If you are on the web, you can opt out of Google Analytics by installing Google's Opt Out browser add on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout, and you can opt out of interest-based Google ads using https://adssettings.google.com/u/0/authenticated.
- Facebook and Instagram Ad Preferences: To understand more about Facebook advertising and manage your preferences, please visit https://www.facebook.com/about/ads. Login to Facebook and go to Settings > Ads > Ad Settings (web) or Ad Preferences > Ad Settings (app) for more information.
- Pinterest: You can opt-out from Pinterest's interest-based ads by enabling the "Do Not Track" functionality of your web browser or by following Pinterest instructions at Pinterest Settings and updating your "Personalization" preferences.
- TikTok: You can choose to change how ads are personalized for you through the available settings through the app under Settings and Privacy > Ads.
- Digital Advertising Alliance: You can also opt out from companies like Google, Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. You can also opt out of participating companies from the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt out using your mobile device settings.
Age of Consent
NOTICE TO EU DATA SUBJECTS
How Information is Collected, Used and Disclosed
We may collect certain personal information for various purposes, and we may disclose such information to various third parties. For more information on what types of personal information is collected, from what sources, for which purposes, and how that information is disclosed, please see section above titled “How We Use Your Personal Information.”
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We may process your Personal Information because:
- The processing is necessary to provide the services and features you have requested.
- The processing is necessary to perform a contract with you.
- The processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of our business, such as fraud prevention, information security, or to comply with the law.
- You have provided consent for us to do so.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
We have adopted reasonable and appropriate security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access to the information you provide to us. Please note, however, that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to the Site and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
An IP address is the unique number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you log onto the Internet. As you enter the website, our server records and monitors your IP address and uses it to develop statistical analysis. These analyses assist us in refining and adapting the content and design of the Site. The use of IP addresses also enables us to prevent malicious Internet users from masquerading as other users
Automated technology collects information from your computer or mobile device and includes cookies, web beacons, local shared objects, or other similar technology. A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a website that is saved on your hard drive by your computer’s browser. A “web beacon” is a small object or image that is embedded into a web page, application, or email and is used to track activity. They are also sometimes referred to as pixels and tags.
As you access or use the Site, we and/or third parties may collect information using cookies, web beacons, pixels, and navigational and location data collection (clickstream, log files, server logs) for the purposes described in this Policy. Such automated technologies further help us to keep track of your interactions with our website and provide you with a more customized experience.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website so that we can personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
At any time, you can modify your cookie settings. You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
To find more information about cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Most browsers are initially set to allow cookies, but also offer the option to restrict cookies or warn you of their use. By disabling cookies, you won’t be able to enjoy the convenience provided by our customization.
Third-Party Advertising and Analytics Disclaims
Cross-Border Data Transfers
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to—and maintained on—computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
Transfers to Third Parties
Courts, tribunals, government authorities and related parties or counterparties with whom we share personal data, third-party vendors and business partners are in some cases located outside the EU. Unless the recipients are located in countries that have been deemed adequate by the European Commission, we put in place data transfer agreements based on the applicable European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses to protect the personal data so transferred. In certain cases, we may rely on statutory derogations for international data transfers.
Your Data Protection Rights Under the GDPR Data Privacy Laws
The Data Controller
The Data Controller who collects and processes your Personal Information is:
The Detox Market, Inc.
PO Box 16575
Encino, CA 91416
Rights Under GDPR
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Barring certain situations, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or erasure of the information we have on you. You have the right to access, update and erase your Personal Information.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your Personal Information corrected if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information that we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your Personal Information.
- The right to know about automated decision making. As a data subject you also have the right to not be subject to decisions based on automated decision making alone, including profiling, and which may lead to legal consequences for you. This right does not apply if such processing is necessary in order for us to enter into or fulfil an agreement with you, if such processing is allowed according to applicable legislation, or if the legal basis for such processing is your consent.
We have implemented reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Information. If you wish to be informed of the type of Personal Information we hold about you and/or if you wish to remove such Personal Information from our systems, please contact us at:
The Detox Market, Inc.
8380 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Please note that for your safety and security, we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
Mobile Terms of Service
The Detox Market
Last updated: April 19, 2022
The Detox Market mobile message service (the "Service") is operated by The Detox Market (“The Detox Market”, “we”, or “us”). Your use of the Service constitutes your agreement to these terms and conditions (“Mobile Terms”). We may modify or cancel the Service or any of its features without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also modify these Mobile Terms at any time and your continued use of the Service following the effective date of any such changes shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.
By consenting to The Detox Market’s SMS/text messaging service, you agree to receive recurring SMS/text messages from and on behalf of The Detox Market through your wireless provider to the mobile number you provided, even if your mobile number is registered on any state or federal Do Not Call list. Text messages may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Service-related messages may include updates, alerts, information, order status, and account creation (e.g., order updates, account alerts, etc.). Promotional messages may include promotions, specials, product launches, sales, discounts, and other marketing offers (e.g., cart reminders).
You understand that you do not have to sign up for this program in order to make any purchases, and your consent is not a condition of any purchase with The Detox Market. Your participation in this program is completely voluntary.
We do not charge for the Service, but you are responsible for all charges and fees associated with text messaging imposed by your wireless provider. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Check your mobile plan and contact your wireless provider for details. You are solely responsible for all charges related to SMS/text messages, including charges from your wireless provider.
You may opt-out of the Service at any time. Text the single keyword command STOP to +18337641727 or click the unsubscribe link (where available) in any text message to cancel. You'll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. No further messages will be sent to your mobile device, unless initiated by you. If you have subscribed to other The Detox Market mobile message programs and wish to cancel, except where applicable law requires otherwise, you will need to opt out separately from those programs by following the instructions provided in their respective mobile terms.
For Service support or assistance, text HELP to +18337641727 or email email@example.com.
We may change any short code or telephone number we use to operate the Service at any time and will notify you of these changes. You acknowledge that any messages, including any STOP or HELP requests, you send to a short code or telephone number we have changed may not be received and we will not be responsible for honoring requests made in such messages.
The wireless carriers supported by the Service are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. You agree to provide us with a valid mobile number. If you get a new mobile number, you will need to sign up for the program with your new number.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable for failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any information sent through the Service, any errors in such information, and/or any action you may or may not take in reliance on the information or Service.
We respect your right to privacy. To see how we collect and use your personal information, please see our Privacy Notice.
Text Marketing & Notifications
We value your privacy and the information you consent to share in relation to our SMS marketing service. We use this information to send you text notifications (for your order, including abandoned checkout reminders), text marketing offers, and transactional texts, including requests for reviews from us.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (323) 782-0421.