The Detox Market was founded on the belief that our choices have real power—and that everyday changes can lead to profound, lasting transformation. A decade ago, that looked like creating a safe community for people to detox their lives. Over the past few weeks, it’s meant scrutinizing how our company can do more than offer sideline support and words of solidarity against racial injustice.
It may seem obvious, but it bears repeating: The status quo is unacceptable. Awareness is simply not enough; what matters is advocacy and action—taking concrete steps to pave a better way forward towards equality.
Here’s how we’re starting:
- Establish an employee-led Diversity & Inclusion Committee to help identify issues and solutions when it comes to inclusivity and diversity across all departments, along with an anonymous hotline to highlight any issues of discrimination or inappropriate behavior
- Implement improved hiring, professional training, and career advancement practices for BIPOC
- Proactively seek a diverse pool of candidates with the goal of having substantially higher representation of BIPOC across all positions—including leadership roles
- Invest in regular, mandatory inclusivity and diversity training, including how to combat racism + unconscious biases
- Commit $1,000,000 over four years to help launch and accelerate BIPOC-owned green beauty brands by investing in media space, funds for marketing, creative resources, and senior-level mentorship across all business operations
- We are creating a submission form on our website where founders can apply to be part of The Launchpad
- Carry at least 20% BIPOC-owned/BIPOC-founded brands, with an emphasis on Black-owned brands; proactively reach out to BIPOC-founded/BIPOC-owned brands to submit for consideration
We recognize the time for action is long overdue. While implementing these initiatives will not happen overnight, we are working to put them into practice as swiftly as possible—and will continue to demonstrate our commitment not through words, but through action.
The future is in our hands. We can and will do better—this is just the beginning.
Thank you for your continued support.
From our hearts to yours,
Founder + CEO