Assistant Store Manager - NY
Store Managers & Assistant Managers are essential members of the leadership team at The Detox Market. They are accountable for the customer experience, store productivity, inventory levels & operations of their store, while building happy, productive teams.
- Collaborate with Store Manager to achieve store sales plans and develop and implement strategies to grow business
- Consistently model exceptional customer service with clients both in-store and though phone & email inquiries
- Liaise with Marketing team to create and implement in-store events and promotions to grow business and engage in community
- Train, motivate & mentor new hires and existing team members through one- on-one coaching and regular feedback meetings
- Ensure all policies and procedures are consistently adhered to, and collaborate with management team to implement new systems and policies as needed
- Foster a culture of openness, creativity, and collaboration with the store team, leading by example and with humility
- Build and maintain productive & effective relationships across the company with other store managers and colleagues in all departments
- Conduct regular inventories and ensure accuracy in inventory records
- Communicate regularly with Store Manager & buying team regarding product assortment and inventory levels
- Ensure a consistently beautiful and engaging shopping experience, adhering to The Detox Market brand with all visual merchandising and displays
- Deep knowledge & genuine interest in natural beauty and healthy living; excited to keep up with industry trends. Experience as a Makeup Artist or esthetician is a plus.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills, able to meet and interact with people and demonstrate an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- High energy, who is professional and reliable.
- Must be a self-starter and a team player! Takes initiative, is proactive, and enjoys working with a group in a fast paced environment.
- Proactive problem solver and highly organized.
- Strong time management and attention to detail.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Additional Requirements
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- May need to carry boxes up to 25 lbs.
- This role requires weekend and evening availability.
- Standing for long periods of time
At The Detox Market, we define diversity as inclusive of gender, ethnic variance, educational background, age, geography, economic, family status, sexual preference, gender expression/identity, political inclination, religious affiliation, and being differently-abled.
More about The Detox Market
The Detox Market is a leading green beauty retailer that offers a curated selection of eco-friendly, non-toxic, and cruelty-free beauty, skincare, wellness, and lifestyle products. What originated as a pop-up shop in 2010 on Abbot Kinney in Venice Beach, California to introduce a few niche brands, The Detox Market is now a household name across North America with six locations spread over Los Angeles, Toronto, and New York. A one-stop shop for those looking to eliminate toxicity from their everyday personal care products, The Detox Market is recognized by both press and customers as the retail voice of a new generation of beauty shoppers who care as much about what they put on their body as what they put inside of it.