Product Development Associate
Location: Los Angeles
We are looking for a creative, driven, and forward-thinking Product Development Associate with a passion for wellness and green beauty to work from our Van Nuys headquarters. This role will support all aspects of product development for both Detox Mode and The Detox Market branded products. You will coordinate all aspects of in-house product development including but not limited to R&D, packaging development, manufacturing, and compliance. You will work alongside the Director of Brand + Product on all product development initiatives.
This is a demanding position in a start-up environment - you are someone who can wear many hats and has a true love for building a green-beauty brand from the ground-up.
- Coordinate all aspects of in-house product development as assigned by manager including but not limited to R&D, packaging development, manufacturing, and compliance.
- Oversee vendor sourcing and communication
- Oversee ingredient sourcing, safety, and adherence to our ingredient ethos
- Ensure both domestic and international compliance
- Manage and meet all deadlines as outlined in the product development calendar
- Coordinate and source packaging development including components, box art, copy, compatibility, and compliance
- Requesting and maintaining all copy and translations for packaging
- Create and maintain BOMs
- Manage costing for all aspects of product development
- Request, create, and file regulatory documentation
- Create and distribute Product Development Briefs, providing specific direction to manufacturers regarding product attributes and expectations
- Oversee the evaluation and direction of formula submissions from lab to production
- Work closely with labs to ensure product meets all requirements for cost targets, texture, usage, scent, application
- Evaluate lab samples and give directions as needed
- Drive innovation and technical developments for new product
- Research and share innovative product and ingredient ideas
- Participate in meetings with other departments
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Product Development - Beauty industry experience is a must
- Clean beauty experience is preferred but not required
- Strong knowledge of ingredients and raw materials
- Passionate about all things health + wellness
- You behave like an owner and act like a leader: Never wait to be told what to do, you are self-motivated, reliable and detail-oriented.
- Must be a self-starter! This is a small team, we need someone who takes initiative.
- Proficiency in Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in the clean/green beauty industry
- Track record of launching products across multiple categories
Job Type: Full-Time
Think you are a great fit?
To apply, send cover letter and resume to tasi@thedetoxmarket.
At The Detox Market, we have a major passion for natural beauty and a genuine desire to bring the best in green beauty and holistic living! We pride ourselves in offering the best selection of toxicity free products and working with small companies that also share the same passion as we have. As the green beauty industry grows, so does our team! As the leading retailer in delivering quality clean beauty and skincare to our customers, our team is looking to expand. Are you ready to join The Detox Market Family?