We are looking for a creative, driven, and forward-thinking Junior Copywriter with a passion for wellness and green beauty. You will be working closely with the Marketing Director and Copywriter to create fun, educational, revenue-generating content for all marketing platforms. The ideal candidate is up-to-date on the latest industry trends, excited to learn about new products, and possesses a true interest in the clean beauty space. This is a fast-paced environment and candidates must feel comfortable handling multiple projects at once.
- Craft authentic, vibrant copy that tells our brand’s story with personality and purpose. Vehicles include web, landing pages, email marketing, digital advertising, social media, print, video/audio scripts, blog posts, and more.
- Write on-brand, claim-free, SEO-friendly descriptions for new products and new brands, and update existing product and brand descriptions as needed.
- Express a cohesive brand narrative across multiple print and digital platforms, editing all content for accuracy and voice.
- Stay current with best practices regarding SEO/SEM, along with emerging beauty and self-care trends to share insights with the marketing team.
- Optimize SEO/SEM across all relevant platforms.
- Handle a diverse range of other writing and editing projects as needed.
- Complete all calendar deliverables with minimum guidance.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or advertising.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional writing experience with a creative agency, in-house team, or media company.
- Meticulous writer and editor with an exceptional command of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Previous experience in the beauty industry with a strong knowledge of skincare and ingredients.
- Must be a self-starter. This is a small team, we need someone who takes initiative.
- Demonstrated experience creating copy for marketing campaigns and e-commerce.
- Demonstrated experience working in E-commerce is a plus.
- Proven expertise at embodying a written “voice” for a brand, with a clear sense of what is authentic to both the company and the audience.
- Ability to creatively adapt content to suit the strengths of different platforms.
- A positive, optimistic attitude with the ability to accept feedback gracefully and apply it to future assignments is a must.
- We are seeking candidates based in the US or Canada. Preference will be given to those located in our retail cities (Los Angeles, Toronto, and/or New York).
Think you are a great fit? If you would like to join our growing company, email email@example.com your resume and a tailored cover letter that tells us about yourself, and why you're the perfect person for this role.
Please note that the cover letter is mandatory. Applicants who don't provide a cover letter will not be considered for the position.
About The Detox Market
The Detox Market is a leading green beauty retailer that offers a curated selection of eco-friendly, non-toxic, and cruelty-free beauty, skincare, wellness, and lifestyle products. What originated as a pop-up shop in 2010 on Abbot Kinney in Venice Beach, California to introduce a few niche brands, The Detox Market is now a household name across North America with six locations spread over Los Angeles, Toronto, and New York. A one-stop shop for those looking to eliminate toxicity from their everyday personal care products, The Detox Market is recognized by both press and customers as the retail voice of a new generation of beauty shoppers who care as much about what they put on their body as what they put inside of it.
Job Type: Part-time
- Health & Beauty: 2 years (Required)
- Digital Marketing: 2 years (Required)