Community & Events Manager - Toronto
Location: Toronto, ON
We are looking for a creative and driven Community and Events Manager with a passion for Wellness and Green Beauty to work from our Toronto headquarters.
It is a demanding position for someone who is truly passionate about startups and Green Beauty. We feel very strongly about our values and we are looking for a team member who feel the same. You will have to be self-driven and detail oriented. You will have to react fast and be a true team player.
- Assist in planning and coordinating marketing and social media efforts in Canada
- Develop and maintain relationships and communication with community and influencers cross country
- Assist in developing the marketing strategy/PR strategy for new brands/SKUS and existing brands
- Provide support on sales floor during store hours when needed
- Organize, plan and execute company pop ups, store launches and other major events
- Organize, plan and execute community & in-store events
- Prepare, pack and distribute in-store promotional gifts
- Provide in-person support at all events, both in store and off-site
- Pitch and coordinate social media giveaways, gifts with purchases, and contests with our brands, bloggers and affiliates
- Work with the Marketing Director and PR team to coordinate influencers outreach and giftings
- Develop and maintain strong relations with targeted press, industry experts and social media influencers both online and in person whenever relevant
- Coordinate with stores and Marketing team to publish stories about products and events
- Capture events through pictures, live streaming and stories
- Coordinate, prepare, pack and distribute media boxes for promotional purposes and brand launches
- Maintain & build Canadian influencer database
- Coordinate and attend desk side meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role
- Experience in the health and beauty industry is an asset
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent public speaking and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and other image and video editing tools is a bonus
- You behave like an owner and act like a leader: never wait to be told what to do, you are self-motivated, reliable and detail-oriented.
Must be available to work on evenings and weekends.
Job Type: Contract
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT?
If you would like to join our fast growing company, tell us about yourself, and why you're the perfect person for this role. Please note that the cover letter is mandatory. Applicants who don't provide a cover letter will not be considered for the position. Personal website and/or portfolio a plus.
To apply: send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
At The Detox Market, we have a major passion for natural beauty and a genuine desire to bring the best in green beauty and holistic living! We pride ourselves in offering the best selection of toxicity free products and working with small companies that also share the same passion as we have. As the green beauty industry grows, so does our team! As the leading retailer in delivering quality clean beauty and skincare to our customers, our team is looking to expand. Are you ready to join The Detox Market Family?